The Cultural Association Pro(getto)scena Edition ETS
announces the third edition of the
International Literary Competition for Poetry, Fiction and Non-Fiction
held in honour of Maria Dicorato
Ambrogino d’oro 2017 for her commitment to culture and society
Deadline for entries: 15 May 2023
Pro(getto)scena edition ETS (based in Milan) primarily promotes all forms of literature and drama – with related publishing projects – as well as any other form of cultural expression reflecting human creativity.
The literary competition, which is open to Italian and foreign poets and writers, enjoys the cultural sponsorship of theCamarata dei Poeti di Firenze (Florentine Chamber of Poets) – International Section. Since 1930, this intellectual association has been committed to sponsoring, developing and pursuing cultural aims in the publishing, artistic and literary fields, with a special focus on poetry.
The competition is dedicated to published and unpublished texts, in Italian or with an accompanying translation, including works that have already won prizes in other writing competitions. It is open to writers of any nationality.
It is divided into four sections: Poetry, Fiction, Interculture, Non-fiction.
Unpublished texts must be submitted in the following format: Times New Roman – 12 point font, in Word and/or PDF format – the latter is particularly important for establishing the layout of poems.
in Italian or dialect (with translation) in any genre.
A1_published: collection and/or series, published since 2013. A short presentation is welcome (although not compulsory).
- on a freely chosen theme
- on a set theme: exploring the special relationship between humans and pets (e.g. dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc.).
- collection: a title must be given. A minimum of 5 and a maximum of 9 poems: each poem must not exceed 35/40 lines (including verses and spaces).
- freestyle poems: maximum 5 poems, each of which must not exceed 35/40 rows (including verses and spaces).
- Freely chosen theme: novel or collection of short stories, published since 2013.
- noir/crime/thriller genre: novel or collection of short stories, published since 2013.
- short, on a freely-chosen theme: short story (13,000 characters including spaces). Up to three short stories may be entered. Short story collections on freely-chosen themes (up to seven) are also accepted.
- short, on a set theme: short story exploring the special relationship between humans and pets (e.g. dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc.). A single short story may be entered (13,000 characters including spaces).
B3_for children and/or young people (published and unpublished). Novels, collections of short stories and illustrated books may be submitted. For unpublished short stories: a maximum of three (up to 13,000 characters including spaces per short story) may be submitted; for collections of short stories: no more than seven short works.
Published and/or unpublished texts exploring the theme of knowledge and exchange between different cultures and human rights.
Published and/or unpublished texts
- on a freely chosen theme
- on a set theme: Ethics of conflict. Ethics of peace.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on 15 May 2023.
- Competition entries can only be submitted in digital format, using the form provided on the progettoscenaedition.itwebsite, page https://www.progettoscena.it/progettoscenaedition_premio_dicorato/. The form must be completed in full.
Given the large number of participants, please help the panel by sending in your texts as soon as possible.
- For published and unpublished fiction (novels), upload a Word document with the following information: title, publisher (only for published texts), genre (e.g. Adventure, Biography, Comedy, Diary, Drama, Epic, Letters, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Fairy Tale, Education, War, Horror, Memoir, Noir, Crime, Psychological, Sentimental, Social, Historical, Thriller, Travel…); theme (e.g. family, friendship/love, reflections on life, destiny, social redemption, resilience, spirituality, work, forgiveness, illusions, hope, inner torment, loneliness, future, freedom, science…); short synopsis (about 5 lines); number of pages.
- For published texts, upload the book cover and contents in low-resolution PDF format.
- Participants will be automatically notified of receipt of materials (they will be contacted if registration is incomplete).
- Registration is considered complete only if accompanied by payment of the relevant fee. This is set at: € 25.00 (twenty-five/00) for each individual section; for each additional section, the fee is € 15.00 (fifteen/00) to be paid by bank transfer toPro(getto)scena EditionETS – IBAN IT71 Q030 6909 6061 0000 0169 771 (payment reference: participant’s name and surname, section/sections for which he/she is competing).
The Prize’s Honorary Committee is made up of Carmelo Consoli (poet, essayist, literary and art critic, Chair of the Camarata dei Poeti di Firenze, Italian Ambassador to the Poetas del mundo movement), Sandro Calvani (Associate Professor (Guest Faculty) Mohammad Yunus Masters in Social Business & Entrepreneurship Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand),Ivano Mugnaini (poet and writer), Maria Gabriella Giovannelli and Chiara Rossi (Chair and Deputy Chair of the association Pro( getto)scenaEdition ETS), Verde Maria Bandini, Chiara Redaelli Spreafico, Enrico Redaelli Spreafico, (founding members of Pro(getto)scena edition ETS).
- The Judging Panel is made up of a Technical Judging Panel and a Reading Committee.
- The Technical Judging Panel Chair is the poet, writer and literary critic Milo De Angelis.
- The Chairs and contact persons for the individual sections are:
- Poetry section: Milo de Angelis, poet, writer and literary critic
- Fiction section: Eleonora Molisani, journalist, writer, lecturer in journalism, communication and new media.
- Non-Fiction and Human Rights sections: Sandro Calvani
- The Reading Committee is made up of a select group of qualified readers, who will be listed, together with the other members of the Technical Judging Panel, on the Pro(getto)scena edition ETS Facebook page
- The Judging Panel, whose decisions are final and cannot be appealed against, reserves the right to award special prizes.
- The names of the semi-finalists, finalists and winners will be published on the Pro(getto)scena edition ETS Facebook page. The winners will also be promptly notified by e-mail.
- The Award Ceremony, to be attended by the winners in person, will be held in Milan in November 2023, probably at the Lombardy Regional Headquarters building (Pirelli skyscraper, via Fabio Filzi 22).
- The prizes – trophies and prints with images of works specially created for the Maria Dicorato competition by the artist Verde Bandini – must be collected in person or by a delegated representative, otherwise the prize will be forfeited.
- If you have a special reason for not attending the Award Ceremony, the trophy may be sent with charges payable by the recipient (bank transfer of 15.00 euro; payment reference: “ritiro trofeo Premio Maria Dicorato, III edizione” (Collection of Maria Dicorato Prize, 3rd edition)).
DISCLAIMERS AND PRIVACY
- Participation in the Prize automatically implies knowledge and full acceptance of all aspects of these Regulations.
- Any publication of the work must not infringe the rights of third parties wholly or in part: Pro(getto)scena edition ETS is therefore held harmless against any claims by third parties.
- Participants declare that the works submitted to the competition are exclusively their own work. Each writer is responsible for the originality of the submitted works, their content and the associated audio/video/photographic licenses/rights. Works dealing with discriminatory or otherwise morally offensive topics will be excluded from the competition.
- If a prize is awarded, the winner agrees to the dissemination of the winning work in any form that is purely informative in nature on the website of the association Pro(getto)scena Edition ETS and on social media free of charge – and therefore permanently waives the right to any remuneration for the submitted works. Preservation of the work in the computer archives of the cultural association is therefore also authorised.It is also acknowledged that these publications are intended to be purely informative and may serve a promotional purpose connected to the association’s cultural activities, without prejudice to any copyright.
CONTACTS AND INFORMATION
Chiara Redaelli. mobile 338.6155895 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Linkedin page of Progettoscena edition